Aging at Home
Aging @ Home provides a safe environment for Elders 55 and over to socialize and build on friendships. The program is based on the seven grandfather teachings: Honesty, Respect, Courage, Humility, Love, Wisdom, and Truth.
- Transportation within town limits for medical appointment and program attendance
- Translation when required (Indigenous languages for English and French)
- Healthy congregate dining
- Home visits
- Various daily activities such as movies, arts & crafts, baking, and many more group activities
At the centre, we thrive to promote our culture and to provide opportunities for learning. Indigenous culture holds Elders in high respect as knowledge keepers and caregivers. Aging at home assists our elders in discovering their roles in the Indigenous community.
Aging at Home offers
- A safe environment
- Nutritional healthy snacks
- Friendships and more